AskRail is an application for Android devices that is a safety tool for American railroads. The utility is designed for more than 25,000 first responders from all 50 states and eight provinces of Canada.
Official app developed in collaboration with North American Class I Railroads, Railinc Corp., and Transportation Technology Center, Inc. With this tool, agency employees can be the first to respond in case of an emergency. The utility provides access to accurate information about the hazardous contents of railcars based on equipment numbers.
Please note that only authorized personnel can use this tool. To obtain the appropriate registration, you need to provide information about yourself and the emergency response agency where you work. In addition, your responsibilities must be confirmed by your immediate supervisor. Moreover, a permit from North American Class I Railroads is required. The verification process can take up to several weeks.
The principle of the application is as follows:
- in case of a railway accident, the agency employee must indicate the ID of the railcar in a special window;
- the utility displays the contents and indicates the degree of its danger;
- in a similar way, you can view information about the entire train;
- it is possible to find contacts of railway services for emergency communication with them.
- is intended for personnel of emergency response agencies;
- helps to ensure the safety of dangerous cargo on US and Canadian railroads;
- displays the contents of railcars;
- app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.