Makini is an application for Android oriented towards people who live in Swahili. Users can read various news regarding political, economic and business events.
The platform allows users to access the latest news in the sphere of politics, sports and economy. Although the interface is in English, all the content is available only in Swahili. If you would like to read articles in the former language, you can download Investopedia.
It is possible to find the most popular and discussed news on the main page. You can check the description and add the article to favorites as well as view promoted content. However, the latter seems to be useless, as it offers you to read stories with clickbait titles.
There is a section with history facts. Users can read about important events that turned the tide. It is possible to find out what and when happened. The app also shows who published this article and offers to check their other works.
Aside from what was mentioned before, you can view videos that come with news. This helps you to watch the events and understand the full picture of what is happening without reading much.
- users can read news and watch videos in Swahili;
- it is possible to keep informed about both local and global events;
- there is a search bar and a side menu for navigation;
- a section with history shows interesting facts;
- app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.