Samsung 3D Scanner is an Android application that is a companion for a special Time-of-Flight camera found in some smartphone models. With this utility, users can scan people and the environment and then generate virtual 3D models.
Notes and requirements
Please note that the application is developed by Samsung for smartphones Galaxy Note 10 Plus and above. Accordingly, there is no guarantee that the application will be able to work on other phone models.
It is worth noting that the accuracy of the 3D scanner depends on the shape of the object, its symmetry, transparency, size, and so on. There may be difficulties in scanning items that are too large, small, dark, transparent, or reflective.
The main features of the application are as follows:
- scanning objects or people, as well as converting images to 3D;
- reduction, increase, and rotation of finished models in a special viewer;
- saving results in AGIF format;
- the ability to take a picture or shoot a video with the finished model;
- motion capture;
- animation of movement with the help of the model.
How to use
At the start, the application must be granted access to the camera, microphone, and internal storage of the smartphone.
When scanning an object, you have to follow the instructions provided in the utility. You need to keep the smartphone motionless, otherwise, the creation of the model will be inaccurate.
You may watch the result through the viewer and then save it.
Then, you can make the model move. To do this, you need to capture the motion of any other object and impose it.
- helps to scan the surrounding space and people with ToF camera;
- is intended for devices from a well-known manufacturer, similar to Samsung Expert Raw;
- converts images to 3D models;
- app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.