Talk Back is the official Android application developed by a well-known company, as well as Google Play. This utility is aimed at people with disabilities who find it difficult to manage a smartphone in the usual way. It reads text and interface elements. Also, it allows you to control your device with gestures and enter letters using the on-screen Braille keyboard.
In most cases, the presented utility is installed on the smartphone by default. You can find it in the corresponding section of advanced settings.
If not, the app can be downloaded and installed manually. In this case, it will be displayed exclusively in the settings, since there is no shortcut for the desktop.
To get started you need to open device settings and click Accessibility. Then, you have to select Menu and tap on TalkBack. You can also press and hold both volume buttons to turn on this app.
Users with disabilities offered many features to help control their smartphones without even looking at the screen, such as:
- voicing of the pressed and hot buttons;
- audio playback of text notifications;
- automatic caller ID that speaks out information about an incoming call;
- dialing a number and selecting contacts by voice;
- transformation text-to-speech and vice versa;
- announcement of the app name on which the cursor is pointed;
- using the on-screen Braille keyboard and so on.
- there are many functions for people with disabilities;
- reads text and interface elements;
- allows you to control your device with gestures;
- is displayed in the smartphone settings, and not on the desktop;
- app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.