UGASafe is an application for Android developed by University of Georgia. Users can immediately call the police and share their location to report a crime or incident. There is also an option to receive alerts in case of emergencies and disasters.
This is an official campus safety app by a well-known research university. Users, particularly students, may access services to report crimes, emergencies and incidents. As with SAPS, there is an option to call the police and ask for help. The utility allows sending the current location to law enforcement so that they can get to this place as soon as possible.
To access UGASafe services, you have to log in with your UGA myID. After that you can call 911, describe the situation and wait for help. There are guides and tips that help you understand what you need to do during critical situations.
If you have no time to sign up as a guest but need to report a crime urgently, you can access a set of useful safety tools without registration. There is an option to contact police, send location in real-time to a friend, get in touch with UGA well-being and more. The application also allows you to check on the weather for upcoming days.
- possible to contact police and report a crime;
- users can receive alerts in case of various disasters like earthquakes;
- there is an option to immediately call law enforcement without registration;
- allows to share location with friends;
- app is free to use and download;
- compatible with current Android versions.