ELSA Speak is an Android application that allows you to correct the pronunciation of words when learning English. The utility contains several lessons during which users can get rid of their accents when speaking. Please note that to access all features it is necessary to purchase a subscription.
To use the service, you need to create an account and also allow access to the microphone of your mobile device. After this, five free lessons will be available, during which you can practice pronouncing English words correctly.
To develop the utility, the capabilities of artificial intelligence in the field of speech recognition were used. After the student pronounces a given word, the app automatically determines what mistakes were made and corrects the pronunciation. In this case, inaccurate sounds are highlighted in red.
The utility automatically selects exercises for the student in accordance with the mistakes and weak points of pronunciation. In addition, users can independently add complex terms to the app’s dictionary. Points are awarded for completing tasks correctly. It is possible to share lists of phrases with others.
- allows you to practice the correct pronunciation of English words;
- it is possible to receive tips to help you get rid of your accent, unlike Duolingo;
- users get access to several lessons on different topics;
- contains reference material to help you learn the language;
- the app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.