PdaNet is an application for Android devices with which you can share your network connection. The utility allows you to use your smartphone as a hotspot, similar to FoxFi.
At the start, you need to install the client software on a computer or laptop. Then you have to run the application on your mobile device and establish a USB connection. In this case, the smartphone will act as a modem.
It is also possible to use Wi-Fi to connect your devices. If you want to transfer data via Bluetooth, you need to install an additional application.
If you use your smartphone as a wireless access point, the utility allows you to protect the Wi-Fi connection with a password. In addition, you can select the frequency range. It is possible to change the name of the network.
There is an opportunity to distribute the Internet not only to computers but also to other mobile devices. It is necessary to install this application on each of the gadgets.
Note that the free version of this utility has a limited session duration. Thus, you have to periodically reconnect devices after breaks. In addition, some providers may restrict the use of your smartphone as a hotspot.
- allows you to distribute the Internet from a mobile device to a computer or laptop;
- connection via USB or Wi-Fi is supported;
- it is possible to set a password to access the wireless network;
- superuser rights are not required;
- the app is free to download and use;
- compatible with current Android versions.